Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Simon Asks God Some Questions

Glory be unto Me, My Children.

A fellow from Jakata, Indonesia by the name of Simon sent me an e-mail chock full of questions. While I'd like to be able to share unto thee all of the e-mails, prayers, songs and the like I get, I just can't.

Here is the e-mail I received. I have inserted my answers betwixt the questions for ease of reading:

- - -
Hey wise lord,

Got a few Q's for you off teh top of my head:

Jakarta - bit of f$%@ up (if you'll excuse the cussing but I can't think of any other way to put it)

Corrupt, polluted, congested, humid, chaotic..... any plans for the place or is it going to get steadily worse with each day as it is seeming to at the moment?

Jakarta - It is a bit of a mess, isn't it? While it would be easy enough for Me to wave My divine hand and rid the place of all of it's troubles, I'm of the idea that people should shoulder some responsibility and unite to make things better. Everything happens for a reason and the fate and current state of Jakarta is no exception. Pitch in and make a difference there or move on. This is the beauty of 'free will.'

Asian Tsunami - that was a bit harsh wasn't it?

Asian Tsunami - This is a different story. Things got out of hand and while I hate to see thousands suffer, there is that part of Me that wanted to prevent it from happening with divine intervention. The other part of Me realizes that having a world that I created where there are increasing numbers of people running about, bad things sometimes have to happen in the world. There's a balance and unfortunately the good parts don't always shine through.

That, and I was away from My desk at the time.

Giving Kylie Minogue breast cancer - what's your problem man!?

Kylie Minogue's Breast Cancer - This event caught everyone by surprise. Again, keeping in mind that not everything is happiness and rainbows, I chalk it up to bringing awareness to the people who feel that such a horrible thing couldn't happen to them, or to their loved ones, or even to a famous pop star. It wasn't a malicious decision on My part, just the way things worked out.

Feeding of the Five Thousand - Miracle? or was this early David Blaine twickory? or did your son just have a really big picnic basket and a gullible audience? and what of the effect on the local economy of fisherman, market traders and bread makers such an event brought about?! forward thinking God! Forward thinking!

Feeding of the Five Thousand - I actually plan to tackle this 'story' from the beloved bible in the next week or so. All I can tell you right now is that the story was blown completely out of proportion to increase sales of the 'good book.' More on this later, My son.

Great work letting Liverpool win the champions league by the way

Liverpool's Win - Simply put, I had money on Liverpool. In an inebriated state, Pope John Paul II bet Me they wouldn't win. A fool and his money are soon parted, a wise sage once said. Truer words? Never spoken.

and on michelle Pieffer in general

Michelle Pfeiffer - Yes. I thought you'd like her, Simon. Thanks for the props.

cheers
Spo

Keep in mind, with just about everything that happens (good, bad, horrible), there is usually a reason for it. While I can't divulge unto thee exactly what will happen today, tomorrow or years from now, I can just tell you this: It is My will. It is My Plan. Trust in Me and all shall sort itself out.

May the love of seven hearts lift your spirit to the heavens and back down to earth at a reasonable trajectory so that you will know My love.

Or something like that.

I hath spoken unto thee.

- God

2 Comments:

Blogger Spo said...

Many thanks for getting back to me God - I appreciate your busy what with devising new animals (hint!) and life on other planets (HINT!)

Jakarta - sorry wise one, this is a bit of a cop out - imagine a circle of children - each one slapping the child to the left in the face for the pain they recieve from the cild before - this is an analogy of jakarta - an ever continuing slapathon created by those who simply no no better. Divne intervention (ie: monorail) is the one and only answer.

Tsunami - fair enough

Kylie - ok - but only as long as she gets better - otherwise there's going to be a whole lot or renouncing of faith going on - you can be sure of that!

feeding 5000 - i look forward to your explanation as this story is thinner than the plot of Boggeyman.

Liverpool - Thank god for Pope John Paul the 2nds love of the blood of christ! I myself won 250quid due to the comeuppance of his exuberant boasting!

Pieffer - she mighty fine - some of your greatest work.

prologue - Ok - I'll trust in thee in the hope that it will all come out in the wash.

11:50 AM  
Blogger RenaSherwood said...

Kylie got cancer? There IS a God!

(Sorry--couldn't resist. Flying off now)

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home