Friday, December 23, 2005

My Son's Birthday

Glory be, unto the highest...

My children. As you can expect, it's been busy up here in Heaven. All of the Kingdom of God (that's Me) is preparing for the birthday of Jesus (My son). You'd think something like this would be easy for the Almighty.

I could simply say: Thy will be done. And everything would take care of thyself.

Not so.

Firstly, we've had problems finding someone whom would emcee the gala event. Jesus said that Richard Pryor was newly available, but I've been in negotiations with Lucifer to determine where his place is.

Lu claims that since Dick Pryor tried to commit suicide and ravaged himself with drug use that he rightly belongs with his burning minions in Hades. I, being of more sound mind and of a gentle rule, do not agree with him. So, right now, Mr. Pryor is in the 'waiting room' or Purgatory (as some of thee call it) until this gets sorted out.

As for some of the other events, Moses has insisted that we have karaoke for the party. While I know that most would think this to be entertainment unto the highest, I've seen what happens when you give saints, apostles, and other 'holy' people the microphone.

There's pushing, there's shoving, and more than once I saw Princess Di gyrate and act wholly inappropriate whilst 'rocking the mic.'

I would like to sing a Barry Manilow song Myself, but I shall decide later how the party shall go down.

As for food, I thought it would be nostalgic to dine upon fishes and loaves, but I've received nothing short of the 'stink eye' from Jesus and Mary. They want a meal worthy of the heavens, when I know that most would appreciate foods of the older times.

Before thou shalt ask: Yes, we like to eat food here in Heaven. Would you deny us all of your earthly pleasures?

So, this is my round-about way of apologizing for My lengthy absence. Thou art stalwart in continuing to read God's Blog and leave Me ashamed that I haven't been able to provide structure and guidance in My words as of late.

I haven't forgotten about the Kirk Cameron website.
I haven't forgotten about the God FAQ.
I haven't forgotten how much I love thee.

Whilst I must be off to finalize this party, rest assurred I shalt return sooner than later and impart unto all of thee tales of Jesus's party and all of the other things I have promised.

May the spirit of Christmas jingle like so many angels carrying a bunch of bells in a basket so that your ear may hear it and remind you of the holiday time set forth every year...

Or something like that.

Be good.

- God

19 Comments:

Blogger Juggling Mother said...

Are you borrowing Lady Di from lucifer then? Surely if you are arguing over Dicky Pryor, she gets a one way ticket downwards for the repeated suicide attempts, substance abuse, adultery etc? Although I do agree that it seems needlessly cruel to inflict her upon good time Lu:-)

1:57 PM  
Blogger Spo said...

hey god - any chance you could change my fate from being doomed to always injure myself in new and interesting ways to actually being blessed with an enourmous amount of dexterity - to tight rope walking proportions please.

say hello to moses

he rocks

bet you think of him as the son you always wanted

2:30 PM  
Blogger George Larson said...

Hey god.

If you have the time for little old me in your immense schedule:

Can I get a whoop-whoop?

Btw, I got a letter meant for you. I didn't know about your blog then or I would have let you know. I did put it on my blog.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

My father, hast thou forsaken the world of weblogging?

Your children are curious to know what thou art up to.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Susanna Duffy said...

Nice to hear you are still about and meddling in peoples' business. When are you returning to post some more revelations? Nothing since last year, come on God, you can do better than this.

9:49 PM  
Blogger Majic said...

Dear God,

I have just discovered your blog. Didn't realise we had to communicate by email these days - no wonder my prayers aren't getting answered.
No matter - I will send you the backlog. Hope you have a big disk - it's been a traumatic few months.

12:58 PM  
Blogger RenaSherwood said...

Hey God

As a wise blogger previously once said on this site...

"Dude--You're omnipotent. Update Your freakin' blog"

Hoping you are well. Wishing you are able to still get online access

9:19 AM  
Blogger sojourness said...

you must come back, we miss you so!!

9:51 AM  
Blogger God said...

Tag! You're it.

See my blog for all the juicy details.

(and uh...don't feel bad if you choose NOT to participate.)

8:55 AM  
Blogger D. A. N. said...

What fruit will grow in a True Christians life:

1. Repentance - A 180 degree turn away from sinful behavior and towards Godly behavior.

2. Thankfulness - A thankful heart that is grateful for what God has done... and shows itself in a cheerful disposition.

3. Good Works - A life that becomes others centered (helping the aged, feeding the poor, teaching children, etc.) Not self centered (all free time consumed in personal hobbies and interests)

4. Fruit of the Spirit - An ever-growing capacity of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness and self control in the life of the believer.

5. Fruit of Righteousness - Doing the right thing according to the way God defines it in his word. Not according to the way man defines it in his own mind.

We are here to get fruit bearing Christians not decisions for Christ to fill pews.

If we understand the parable in Mark 4:3-13 then it unlocks the secret to all parables: Foolish virgin=false convert Wise virgin=Genuine conversions. The good fish, the bad fish. The man who built his house on rock and the man who built his house on sand. The one who built his house on sand is the one who hears the word of Jesus but doesn't keep them. False Convert.

6 characteristics of a False Convert:

1. Mark 4:5 - Lack depth of understanding. Immediate results impressive changes occur quickly then false convert will fall away from their faith over time and the results and changes disappear.

2. Luke 8:6 - False convert lack moisture in other words they lack the life-giving and life-sustaining power of God's word. To a false convert the Bible is dry and uninteresting and struggles with daily devotions.

3. Matthew 13:6 - False convert have no roots like a plant that dries up when the heat comes because it's roots aren't deep enough to reach water to sustain it. So is the false convert who's faith dries up where persecution comes his roots of faith don't run deep enough to reach the life sustaining water of God's word and Holy Spirit.

Mark 4:16 - False Converts receive the word with gladness. Hears the gospel message with gladness and really seems to latch on to it. He may express, for example, with tear filled eyes of joy. How this is the answer he's been looking for. When any test or trials comes his way, excuses become his trademark he falls away from following Jesus.

5. Matthew 13:20 - Repeats that same point false convert receive the word with joy (at first)

6. Luke 8:13 - Because they do believe for a season this is the one that fools the most people because they do believe, for a short time, the Gospel message. These false converts walk and talk a very good game. They often sincerely believe the Vital truths. That Jesus was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died a sacrificial death and rose from the earth and that he was fully man and fully God. they believe those things in their mind. When it comes time to deny himself, take up his cross, and follow Jesus into test and self sacrifice the false convert displays, slowly but surely, the truth that they never believed in their hearts. Never made that commitment to Christ and eventually becomes distracted by the worries and opportunities of life and lives for himself not Christ.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Zann said...

Where art thou, god?

9:00 AM  
Blogger StacieDee said...

jritcDear God,
hope you got the letter, and...
I pray you can make it better down here.
I don't mean a big reduction in the price of beer
but all the people that you made in your image, see
them starving on their feet 'cause they don't get
enough to eat from God, I can't believe in you

Dear God, sorry to disturb you, but... I feel that I should be heard
loud and clear. We all need a big reduction in amount of tears
and all the people that you made in your image, see them fighting
in the street 'cause they can't make opinions meet about God,
I can't believe in you

Did you make disease, and the diamond blue? Did you make
mankind after we made you? And the devil too!

Dear God, don't know if you noticed, but... your name is on
a lot of quotes in this book, and us crazy humans wrote it, you
should take a look, and all the people that you made in your
image still believing that junk is true. Well I know it ain't, and
so do you, dear God, I can't believe in I don't believe in

I won't believe in heaven and hell. No saints, no sinners, no
devil as well. No pearly gates, no thorny crown. You're always
letting us humans down. The wars you bring, the babes you
drown. Those lost at sea and never found, and it's the same the
whole world 'round. The hurt I see helps to compound that
Father, Son and Holy Ghost is just somebody's unholy hoax,
and if you're up there you'd perceive that my heart's here upon
my sleeve. If there's one thing I don't believe in

it's you... Dear God

7:43 PM  
Blogger MrsRatbag said...

Yo, God?
Hell-ooooooo? (echoes)
Is anyone here?
::: tap tap ::: Is this thing on?
(silence)

Damn. Musta missed the party.

7:48 PM  
Blogger flower said...

are u sure you wanna continue to mock God like that? i dont think He's too pleased.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Happyhobo said...

hey god, i just saw satan got a blog too!

http://satansayssexisgood.blogspot.com/

i think you should kick his ass!

8:39 PM  
Blogger alejandra & me said...

I love your blog!! It is truly as if you have a connection with God. I have a similar blog check it out when you have a chance at http://godsgentlenessandkids.blogspot.com/

3:44 PM  
Blogger Activated Online said...

http://fromjesus-withlove.blogspot.com/

5:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

desciolist.blogspot.com

check this out

2:00 PM  
Blogger chandra said...

most powerful.........
Gods

2:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home